I am an accredited BACP counsellor, which means that I am a fully qualified member of The British Association for Counselling and Psychotherapy (MBACP, Accred). I work within their ethical framework and I am committed to ongoing professional development.
My experience as a BACP counsellor includes many years of face to face counselling with individual adults, young people and couples. Since 2004, I have spent a lot of time within secondary schools, helping teenagers with their personal development, self esteem and focus.
I supervise a team of counsellors at The Counselling Family Centre in Altrincham who work with individuals, specialise in CYP (children & young people) or couples work.
I also supervise counsellors in my private practice at home to help them with their client cases, best practice or if they are studying to become a counsellor.
My work has been within the NHS working for the MacMillan Centre at Trafford General Hospital supporting those with bereavement and terminal illness.
Through my counselling and ongoing training I continue to gain new skills, knowledge and experience which is invaluable to the work I do.
- I work within the BACP Ethical Framework for Good Practise.
- I have regular supervision to support me in my work.
- Offering supervision to counsellors and student counsellors.
- I am committed to ongoing professional development.
- I counsel students within a Secondary School.
- I have experience as a Macmillan counsellor.
- I have voluntary counselling experience as a christian counsellor for “New Dawn”.
- I have community counselling experience for “The Family Centre” Altrincham.
- I have ran my private practice since 2006.
- I have Insurance for my work.
- I work in line with GDPR data protection guidelines.
- I aim to see new clients within the week.
Stephanie Fishwick Counselling | BACP Counsellor